Awards for Excellence
Organically Grown in Oregon Week Events
September 13th to 19th, 2015, marks the 27th anniversary of Organically Grown in Oregon Week (OGOW), a tradition that began in 1988 to celebrate Oregon's organic industry and recognize the leaders of the movement. To introduce Oregonians to the state's riches, a selection of organic farms, retailers, certifiers and farmers markets have lined up a slate of educational, family-friendly activities that will provide firsthand experiences with exposure to the cornucopia of delicious, healthful foods produced by the local organic community.
2015 Organically Grown in Oregon Week Events
- First Alternative Co-op in Corvallis will be sampling Oregon grown produce in their stores throughout the week. Stop by and celebrate the bounty of Oregon’s organic agriculture during OGOW. Visit either location: 1007 SE 3rd St, Corvallis, OR or 2855 NW Grant Ave Corvallis, OR.
- The Green Plow Juicery in Eugene, OR will be highlighting organic, Oregon grown produce in various juices all week long! Stop by their cart from 8 am - 6 pm, Monday - Saturday and enjoy organic, fresh juices and smoothies made from fruits and vegetables from Oregon growers. 2760 Friendly St., Eugene, OR 97405
- Farmer John's Produce in Tumalo, OR (Bend area), will be serving up soups, salads and other deli items using organic, Oregon grown produce all week! Stop by between 10 am and 6 pm to see what's available in Tumalo's Green Grocery store. 64678 Cook Ave, Bend, OR
- McFarlane's Bark Milwaukie, Oregon location will be gifting a gallon size bag of their Fine Comp-Stuff to every Front Sales Counter customer. The customer will receive a gift pak that includes:
- Oregon Association Nurseries Retail Map
- OSU Master Gardeners telephone number magnet
- Compost brochure
- McFarlane's Compo-Stuff Seal of Testing Assurance analysis
- Gallon Size Bag Compo-Stuff product
McFarlane's Bark, is helping their customers to create a sustainable life by providing products that are safe for the environment and human health. We understand that an organic food garden supports ultimate nourishment.
Visit the Milwaukie location during Organically Grown in Oregon Week:
13345 SE Johnson Road
Milwaukie, OR 97222
- Visit LifeSource Natural Foods in Salem, Oregon all month-long. Oregon grown, organic produce will be featured and on sale throughout the month. Look for the Oregon Grown produce label on the shelf! Visit their Salem location: 2649 Commercial St SE, Salem, OR 97302
Tuesday, September 15
- 11:30am - 1:30pm
The Oregon Organic Coalition will present its 2015 Awards for Excellence luncheon ceremony. Billy Frank Jr. Conference Center in the Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center, Ecotrust building: 721 NW 9th Avenue, Suite 200 Portland, OR. Keynote address by Gwendolyn Wyard, Regulatory Director of Organic Standards and Food Safety, Organic Trade Association.
Awards are given in the following categories: Farm: Crops, Farm: Livestock, Farmworker (organization and individual), Processor, Wholesaler, Consumer Advocacy Group, Organic Policy Analyst, Environment & Health Organization, Certifier, Retailer, Scientist, Organic advocate (individual). Nominations will be accepted until August 1st. Download the form here.
2015 marks the 27th anniversary of Organically Grown in Oregon Week, a tradition that began in 1988 as a means for celebrating Oregon’s organic industry and recognizing the leaders of Oregon’s organic movement. During the week-long celebration, Oregon retailers, farmers, producers, farmer's markets, and industry specialists around the state will host special events to spot light all that has been accomplished in this vital segment of Oregon's economy.
Saturday, September 19
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards will host a harvest party to celebrate their 20th wine grape harvest as an organic winery in conjunction with Organically Grown in Oregon Week. Live music, organically grown wine available for tasting, by the bottle or glass, local organic food vendors, grape stomping activities.
Where: Cooper Mountain Vineyards
20121 SW Leonardo Lane
Beaverton, OR 97007
When: 3:00pm - 6:00 pm
- Earth & Sea Salts will be tasting out their simply, organic salt blends during Eugene's Saturday Market. Look for their booth from 10am - 5pm at 126 E 8th St, Eugene, OR 97402 Booth #103 on Saturday, September 19th. Try these sea salt seasoning blends made with Celtic Sea Salt and organic ingredients (garlic, herbs and lemon & lime juice). These culinary infusions of sea salt, herbs and garlic make everything taste yummy! Simple and healthy recipes included!
For more information about participating in Organically Grown in Oregon Week contact: Stacy Kraker, 541.246.1856 or by email.
Report any activities, special events or promotions you will be having and we will post them here! Check back regularly for updates on events. Learn more about OGOW Promotional Materials to be used during OGOW events here.
Download Promotional Flyer (PDF)